tiistai 14. joulukuuta 2010

Joulutervehdys 2

Hei! Lukekaa ihmeessä edellisin tekstini :) kirjoitin joulutarinan ja tässä on siitä versio in English. Sama tarina, mutta muutin henkilöiden nimet (älkää kysykö miksi, se vain tuntui luontevalta :D). 

A Christmas tale

”Mom! I believe in angels.” ”Oh, sweetheart. Nice to hear that.” A small girl smiled. ”You should go to bed”, Janet said. “But I’m not tired.” ”I can see that…” Janet was very tired. Her little girl obviously wasn’t.
    
”I want to see them”, Alica told with a quiet voice. “See what?” Janet asked. ”Angels, I must see them!” Janet turned and looked down to her little child. ”Well, just a minute.” Alica stayed in the hall while Janet was walking around the house. She took with her every angel she found: a doll, a statue, a candle, and finally she returned with many kinds of angels. But her little sunshine was unhappy: “I want to see real ones.”
   
“Oh dear”, Janet’s heart sank. She was exhausted. ”It’s not that simple.” “Why?” Alica was disappointed. Her big blue eyes were shining. ”You see…” Janet started and took a deep breath, ”if you see an angel, you are really lucky. Only few have seen them. It’s very rare to see them, because usually they don’t want that.” “Why?” ”Because, honey”, Janet smiled, ”I know, you don’t understand. It’s difficult to understand why we can’t see something which is so magical and marvelous.”
   
“Are you tired now?” Janet asked hopefully. ”Of course I’m not”, Alica gasped, ”can I go outside?” “Now?” Janet looked at her watch, “it’s already late, you should go to sleep.” ”I know, but I can’t sleep.” Janet stopped to think that for a while: ”Okay, but only this time. And you must come back after half an hour.” “Mom, you are the best!” Alica was suddenly happy and chirpy. I know, Janet thought.
   
With Janet’s help, Alica was soon ready to go. It’s snowing again, Janet thought when she was washing the dishes. She was wondering.  Christmas is coming… how about presents and meals? Should I invite my aunt as well? She wondered. Maybe I should invite only  my mother and father.
   
”Mom! Mom!” Alica shouted. ”Honey!” Janet was smiling, ”how you came so early?” “I saw them! The angels, I saw them!” ”What?Janet was dazzled. ”Now I can go to bed”, Alica informed with a great smile, ”good night!” “Good night!” Janet repeated and watched how her little girl was dancing up the stairs.  Impossible, Janet thought, but Alica almost never lied. Furthermore, Alica was extremely happy. She could’t pretend something like that. So it had to be real. “Oh, I wonder…” Janet whispered when she switched the lights off and went to bed.    

2 kommenttia:

Lukijat